Monday, May 21, 2012

Little Knits

Obviously, a lot of things have been going on lately at our Casa, but one thing has remained the same - I'm still a knitter. Knitting remains a comfortable little get away for me and it's almost always guaranteed I will have something on the needles.

The start of 2012 for me though, has been much more about the process of knitting than the product. I'm ashamed to admit I've only actually finished one knitting project this whole year (aside from a whole bunch of wash clothes). So without any further fanfare here is  my lone 2012 finish, drum roll please:

Favorite Little Girl's Cardigan
Size Made: 6 months
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease (my very favorite yarn for baby projects)
Modifications: None

This was a gift for my friend, Jenn, and her new little cutie-pie, Bryn. I made the 6 month size because Bryn was born in late April and after about March sweaters aren't really needed in Oklahoma (even for babies). Hopefully, the sweater will fit Bryn right around the time the weather starts to get chilly again here in Oklahoma. The good thing about this pattern is that it does allow a little room for growth so even if Bryn gets bigger than 6 month size before October, it should still fit. Fingers crossed.

In other news, we are just about at the end of a long list of house projects so it shouldn't be too much longer before my crafting mojo is back in full affect. Plus, a new a season of The Bachelorette started so it goes without saying there will be at least 2 hours of knitting each week dedicated to knitting each week. Whoo-hooo. Knitting time.

1 comment:

LLB said...

That's adorable. It puts any semblance of a baby knitting project I'd like to do to shame.

Just Sunday Mike asked why I hadn't knitted in so long. We need to change that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...